Saturday, April 09, 2011

Out of my comfort zone

I have been going to an art class on a friday morning for about a month now, and I am having so much fun. Its very relaxed, all different ages, all different styles and all different levels .
My art teacher has been trying to get me out of using precise and mechanical brushstrokes, below is my first go at this style.
Very different for me. Took me totally out of my comfort zone.






This is a winter scene I did on hardboard. Snow is so difficult to capture in paint, well it is for me lol.

3 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love your "out of the comfort zone". You have beautiful paintings, just a month!

BECKY said...

I've been getting a little out of my zone with stuff I'm creating! I know what you mean!! You're doing great!!
Have a great week, cutie!
HUGS,
Becky

Moomin said...

Hallo Clare.. I think you have inherited an artistic gene.